Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Change is a Coming!

March 1, 2011    Chiang Mai, Thailand

Last week my BABY turned 18. I am now the mother or four fully grown human beings, with lives, and jobs, and college educations.  I could deal with the fact and except that I am heading toward "Grandma Ville" if it wasn't for the fact, that in a mere five weeks time, I am going to be the mother of a brand new baby girl.
Now don't get me wrong, I am OVER JOYED at being a mommy again, but holly crap, I'm going to be a mommy again!!!  For the past 7 years IT and I have been trying to adopt, first in China and now here in Thailand.  It has beena terrible journey fraught with tears and heart aches, one after the other.  We had finally given up and were planning our future (excepting the grandparent thing) when suddenly this new opportunity was laid upon us. We are so please and thankful that God has chosen us to be the parents of this precious life, but have I said ..holy crap, I'm going to be a mommy again???? I'm almost 43, going through "the change" and just became the director of not one, but two schools!
Funny, one week before finding out about the baby, I read the quote;
 Life belongs to the living, and he who lives must be prepared for changes.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe .
On a post-it sticky heart I wrote this quote, along with “change is coming”.  I promptly stuck these on my mirror and have been staring at them for the past 5 months. Boy! I had no idea! Change is coming. Big change. Once again I have been given the opportunity to mold a new life.

So many things I have learned since The Boy’s birth 23 years ago. Montessori, Waldorf, attachment parenting, spirituality ,homeschooling, whole foods, sustainability, gratitude…….. Can I really fit all these wonderful things into my world? Am I really going to be able to be a stay at home mom without missing my classroom?  Am I going to be able to keep up with a 2 year old? Will I survive ANOTHER teenage girl????

Sitting here in my little jungle, I can just exhale, make a wish and just remember the words of my oh-so-wise Baby Beans, “Just don’t screw this kid up Mom!”
 

No comments:

Post a Comment