Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Jungle Fever

This morning I realized that I have a bad case of 'jungle fever". No, I'm not in love with a black man, although if Denzel came a knockin......
You see, back home in the states, you all suffer from Spring Fever, here in Thailand, we get "Jungle Fever" You know, that feeling of "OMG, I gotta get outta here or I'm gonna go crazy!"?

Anyway, for the past week or so I have been in a real funk. (Apologies to my poor hubby, IT) I have felt like a ticking time bomb ready to go off at any moment. And no one is safe from my wrath. I suppose this could be come from many places deep in my spirit, or maybe just below the surface, but where ever it's coming from, it sucks. Right now so many things are going on that my mind seems to be soaking it all in like a big sponge, a big sloppy soggy sponge, and seriously, if I don't wring it out soon, I just might flood the neighborhood!

As I gaze over my web friends lovely blogs, one after the other I see these beautiful photos of thawing snow, growing tulips, happy little birds and happy little clouds. so what's the problem you ask? I'll tell you what the problem is! It's hot! Dang hot! I'm sticky I'm sweaty, I'm too darn lazy to go out to the garden and I am really questioning whether giving up chemical deodorant was such a good idea. For the past month it has been gradually getting hotter and hotter. Here we are in March and it is in the 90's. You heard me the 90's!

I miss seasons. I miss Spring with is flowers and birds and baby lambs and chicks. You see hear in Thailand we have two seasons. Wet and Dry. From April to October it rains EVERY day. and then from November to March it's dry as a bone. But through the entire 12 months, it's hot! we range from 70-100 degrees the entire year. As much as I love the beautiful jungles of Thailand, I miss the Spring and Fall most of all. I'm Sick of the tropics! I have jungle fever!
So to cheer myself up, I have decided to share some photos of our beautiful jungle home with my friends.(If I can figure out how to ) And them I think I'll pursue though your photos of the winter storms just to remember that I am exactly where the Lord wants me to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment